Loan Funder Job Opening
Luxury Mortgage Corp (“LMC”) is a mortgage banker licensed in 31 states with offices in NY, NJ, CA, MA ,MI, and FL. Founded in 1996, the company is headquartered in Stamford, CT. We are an innovative, growing and diverse company looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. If you feel one of the positions below are right for you, please complete an application and our Recruiting Team will contact you.
The Funder’s primary responsibility is to perform all the tasks relation to loan closings after receiving approval to close from Underwriting, including the preparation and release of accurate closing documents. The position requires strong organizational and attention to detail as well as the ability to work effectively with borrowers, attorneys, brokers and title companies.
- Review approved loans to determine conditions that must be met prior to closing, such as purchase of private mortgage insurance, flood insurance, verification of funds to close etc.
- Call broker, title company, and or bank attorneys to request specific documents, such as an updated tax search, closing protection letters, abstract agent good standing letters and preliminary CD
- Enter data into our loan origination system as required for completion of documents
- Verify accuracy and consistency of loan specifications in closing documents, such as loan terms, property information, borrower name and vesting, title information and homeowner’s insurance premiums and correct as necessary
- Communicate with third parties in connection with closing issues
- Create and gather closing documents for delivery to settlement agents
- Ensure all conditions and regulatory requirements are met prior to closing
- Run various reports to verify that the borrower has not obtained any additional mortgages prior to closing
- Review the final closing documents for accuracy and verify borrowers’ signatures on all final closing documents prior to funding
- Obtain necessary funding documents from settlement agents for review and issue a funding authorization for disbursement
- Follow up with closing agents for the prompt return of original closing documents
- High school Diploma
- 3-5 years of experience in the mortgage industry
- Knowledge of banking and customer services processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
At LMC we believe our employees are our greatest asset and along with our healthcare benefits and 401(k) match, we also offer:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan Accounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free in building underground parking
- Casual Dress Code
Diversity and Inclusion are not just words at LMC. They are principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where all employees have a voice. LMC encourages and appreciates people’s differences, ideas and points of view. We are cultivating a diverse and inclusive work force where we provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.