Mortgage Underwriter Job Opening
Luxury Mortgage Corp (“LMC”) is a mortgage banker licensed in 31 states with offices in NY, NJ, CA, MA ,MI, and FL. Founded in 1996, the company is headquartered in Stamford, CT. We are an innovative, growing and diverse company looking for dedicated professionals to join our team. If you feel one of the positions below are right for you, please complete an application and our Recruiting Team will contact you.
The Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to have a complete working knowledge of agency, non-agency guidelines and procedures required to complete a review of specific mortgage transactions. Additionally, the underwriter will provide dispositions on each loan according to these guidelines. The underwriter is expected to provide a high level of customer service to internal company employees to resolve issues and concerns related to mortgage transactions.
- Remain current on all company policies
- Remain current on all agency and investor’s guidelines
- Remain current on federal and state regulations related to mortgage lending
- Assess and analyze loan transactions/files and qualify based on product prescribed guidelines
- Review credit reports, employment verifications, paystubs, tax returns, bank statements, divorce decrees, and any other personal documents related to credit, income and assets
- Review collateral and related documentation such as appraisals, title, commitments, sales contracts, flood zone certificates and other real estate related documents
- Validate the authenticity and integrity of documents provided
- Communicate loan decisions
- Underwrite and submit mortgage loan files to investors, clear conditions and clear post purchase conditions
- Perform other tasks and projects as needed
- Meet Underwriting metrics, including customer service levels, quality of loans and expected turn-times
- Duties as set forth by the company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of recent experience underwriting residential loans
- Experience working at a mortgage banking firm a big plus
- Knowledge of Non-QM a big plus
- Familiar with manual underwrites
At LMC we believe our employees are our greatest asset and along with our healthcare benefits and 401(k) match, we also offer:
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan Accounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Free in building underground parking
- Casual Dress Code
Diversity and Inclusion are not just words at LMC. They are principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where all employees have a voice. LMC encourages and appreciates people’s differences, ideas and points of view. We are cultivating a diverse and inclusive work force where we provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, disability, veteran status or any other protected category under federal, state or local law.
Ready to Apply for a Position?
Use the form below to send us your contact information and resume.